Saturday, August 30, 2008

Katrina's Wedding Shower

Nyla & Katrina

July 12, 2008 - I was glad that we were able to throw Katrina's wedding shower during my stay in Utah this summer. It was a fun afternoon and I enjoyed visiting with family and friends who had traveled many miles to celebrate her upcoming nuptials. In addition to Uncle Vic's sisters and nieces, all of Nyla's daughters were able to travel to be there that day - Melissa from TX, Amy Jo & Ashlee from CA, Jenn from ND, and Julie from ID. Also, both of Nyla's sisters - Mom and all of her girls except Sherise and Nancy. Also, our forever friend Toni was able to come and spend the afternoon. I ordered the refreshments from Kneader's Bakery and couldn't have been happier with the way they looked, tasted, etc. They were scrumptious, and I only felt bad that I got full and didn't get to try one of each variety!! We played Bingo while Katrina opened her gifts and also a spin on 20 questions to test our knowledge of both Katrina and Tony. Katrina received lots of fun gifts to start her new household, but I was most excited about the pitcher and mugs that we gave her (Jeff's Dad made them). I think she was definitely surprised and excited to receive them. Kaitlyn enjoyed helping with the presents - you know, crawling on them, ripping the paper, pulling off the bows, etc. Overall, a great party with wonderful surroundings, yummy food, and perfect company!!



Jessica, Betty, Erica, & Brooklyn

Jenn, Nell, & Julie

Kaitlyn & Brooklyn

Kaitlyn

No comments: