Tuesday, August 26, 2008

6 1/2 Extra Wide

To this point in her life, Kaitlyn hasn't really worn shoes (or socks for that matter). I always figured she wasn't walking yet and it's so hot in Texas that it's kind of a nuisance. Even so, I have had a few pairs around (gifts, Brooklyn's shoes, and one pair that I had purchased) that she just hasn't really worn. As such, I was glad when Katrina asked her flower girls to wear white sandals that I had a cute pair to pull out; and I was so pleased that they fit when I tried them on preparatory to our departure for the wedding.

Well, once in Utah, Grandpa O was fairly concerned about these sandals and kept insisting they were too small. "Posh", I thought, "they are on her feet and they're long enough." Hmm. Perhaps those cute Size 4 sandals were a little small. Grandma O and I took Kaitlyn shoe shopping last week as she's starting to walk now and I decided I couldn't delay the inevitable any longer. Boy was I surprised when I had her feet measured and the nice lady reported that her feet measured 6 1/2 Extra Wide. Whoops!! Good call Grandpa!! (Is that why she curled up her toes and was super stubborn about getting them on in the first place?!?)

I was excited to find these shoes at Payless and Grandma purchased her current size and the next size up for her birthday. (Gotta love the BOGO event!!) Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!! Kaitlyn thanks you for a fun present and especially for helping her clueless Mommy get her in a better shoe size!!





It has been slightly entertaining to watch Kaitlyn wear shoes the last few days. I think she's not quite sure what this extra weight is that's been strapped to her feet. Poor baby!! Nonetheless, it doesn't seem to be slowing her down much.


2 comments:

Emmie-Lew said...

They are SO STINKIN' cute on her! Once my Mom took Matt (when he was about 5) shopping for new shoes- the one's he had were almost 3 full sizes too small. Ah-Hem. Oops. Poor kid. He strapped on his new tennies and ran around the store, came back and said, "They don't even hurt when I run!" I wanted to crawl in a corner and wither away.

Laura said...

I can never figure out which size to get Addie. Or I finally get the right size and she's grown out of them in a matter of weeks. Her current pair of new shoes are way too big! Maybe someday I'll figure it out. My point? You're not alone!