Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Greatest Game Ever Played






I suppose that the greatest game ever played is a matter of personal opinion; however, for me, Scrabble is an all-time favorite. The Christmas before I was baptized (I guess that would make me 7 years old), Santa brought Scrabble to our family and I've been playing ever since. And in fact, over the years, I've built my own collection of Scrabble games that includes 2 original editions, 1 deluxe edition, and 1 travel edition. I don't have the junior edition yet, but can't wait for Kaitlyn to get a little bigger so I can impart my love of this game to her. It had been a while since I had played, but Saturday night Mom and I duked it out. The ensuing game was great and I even learned a few new words like bah (used as an exclamation of contempt or annoyance). The score you ask? Well it speaks for itself . . . Mom - 243 vs Nell - 283. Don't get me wrong - I don't win very often and I definitely don't play that well very often, but every once in a while the stars align and I enjoy the sweet taste of victory!! It was great to play and be reminded how much I love it. Trav - are you up for a go?

1 comment:

Emmie-Lew said...

Nell- we're Scrabble players, too! Don't play very much, but love it when we do! Next Sunday after church and lunch, GAME ON! :)