Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Favorite Things

So after the "I'm Thankful For" post, I've had all kinds of ideas floating in and out of my head today. Though I am also thankful for these things, I thought maybe they were a little more inconsequential in the grand scheme of things so I decided to do a separate post. So in no particular order, a few more of my most favorite things . . .



  • the yummy smell of fresh-cut grass - especially on a Saturday nite as it reminds me of days growing up when the house would be ready for Sunday and the country quiet of a yard well-taken care of

  • spray-on sunscreen - what a novelty that I only discovered this summer; smart skincare has never been so easy

  • pumpkin pecan cheesecake @ The Cheesecake Factory - always a fan of anything on the menu, but this seasonal favorite can't be beat

  • Food Network - I'm an unabashed fan

  • a great pair of jeans - a wardrobe staple

  • scenes from next week - I get more excited about the scenes they show for next week than I do about the show we just watched

  • Christmas carols - all time favs are The First Noel & Angels from the Realms of Glory (arrangements sung by the Tab Choir) and O Come All Ye Faithful (any arrangement)

  • girly slippers - I'm in love with the cutest leopard print slippers at Nordstrom; the best part is that they come in my size and Kaitlyn's size
  • Cafe Rio - nothing compares

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey, I love some of these things too. Isn't it great that we have life's "sweet" things to help balance out the rough times?